- See a podiatrist/chiropodist regularly and at least once a year.
- Keep your feet clean and free from infection.
- Wear shoes that fit well and don’t squeeze or rub. Ill-fitting shoes can cause corns and calluses, ulcers, and nail problems.
- Never walk barefoot, especially in the garden or on the beach on holidays, to avoid cuts and try to avoid sitting with your legs crossed so you don’t constrict your blood circulation.
- Cut or file your toenails regularly.
- Get corns or hard skin treated by a podiatrist/chiropodist.
Our team of podiatrists/chiropodists are trained at treating diabetic foot problems and offer a package of care to ensure your feet are kept in good condition.